We’re Bringing Oregon’s PCT to You!
This spring, we’re touring the Northwest to showcase the new guidebook, Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail: Oregon. We’ll be appearing at bookstores, gear shops, hiking clubs and local hiker hangouts. At each event, guidebook author Eli Boschetto breaks down the state’s 455 miles of Oregon’s PCT into manageable sections—each with stunning routes that can be hiked in a long weekend, a week or more. Details include trail accessability, campsites, water, wilderness permits and gearing up for hiking from the rolling grasslands of the Soda Mountain Wilderness to the volcanic plains of the Central Cascades to the doorstep of Oregon’s tallest peak, Mount Hood. Bring your questions and your appetite for adventure!
- 3/20 – PORTLAND, OR: Powell’s Books, w/ special guest Tami Asars; 7:30pm
- 3/24 – BEND, OR: Roundabout Books; 7:00pm
- 3/25 – BEND, OR: Book signing at REI; 11:00am–4:00pm
- 4/5 – BREMERTON, WA: Peninsula Wilderness Club; 7:00pm
- 4/10 – PORTLAND, OR: Marino Adriatic Cafe; 7:00pm
- 4/12 – PORTLAND, OR: Basecamp Brewing Co, hosted by Oregon Wild; 6:00pm
- 4/18 – MEDFORD, OR: REI, hosted by Roots to Ridges; 6:30pm
- 5/26 – SISTERS, OR: Paulina Springs Books; 6:30pm
- 5/31 – EUGENE, OR: Location/time TBD
- 6/2 – HOOD RIVER, OR: Waucoma Bookstore; 6:00pm
For more event information and updates, visit our Facebook page. We will be adding more presentation events as dates/venues are confirmed. If you don’t see a presentation near you, use this contact form to request an event.
As an added bonus, Granite Gear and Darby Communications have generously provided a brand-new Crown2 60L Ultralight Backpack for us to give away to one lucky presentation attendee. But the only way you can enter to win is to attend an event. Click on the photo for more info. We’ll be giving away this awesome pack later this spring, just in time to hit the trail!
Most PCT: Oregon presentations are free to attend. Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail: Oregon guidebooks will be available at most events. Backpack giveaway is free, but requires signup to the PCT: Oregon newsletter. See the backpack giveaway page for more info.